Sign up today for the new 30-hour online certificate course!
10-Session Stressed Teens Certificate Program
AN IN-DEPTH TRAINING OF THE MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION FOR TEENS PROGRAM (MBSR-T)
WITH GINA M. BIEGEL, MA, LMFT
Stressed Teens is Celebrating its 11th year with Brand New and updated content. This reflects current program content and interventions based on research and a grant developed especially for Stanford University (Biegel G.M., Chang K., Garrett A., Edwards M. 2014). This course now provides an additional 15 hours of content for 30 hours of learning.
Stressed Teens also offers complimentary Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of the course at no additional charge.
STRESSED TEENS online CERTIFICATE COURSE DETAILS
30 HOURS OF ONLINE learning!
15 hours: 1.5 hours/week of LIVE in-class time with instructor
15 Hours: 1.5 hours/week of didactic course content to be viewed on your own time.
April 28th 2015 - July 7th 2015
10 Weekly Sessions, 3 hours per week
Each week you will receive 3 hours of online training!
- 1.5 hours of interactive 2-way voice and video interaction with the creator of Stressed Teens, Gina Biegel MA, LMFT. You will have the opportunity to listen, learn, and practice the interventions in this program.
- 1.5 hours of pre-recorded educational content that reflects the topics below.
- FREE CEUs. Up to 35 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) provided upon completion of the course at no additional charge.
- Complimentary Book, Audio CD, App and Supplemental Materials
- Recordings are available to view weekly to accommodate participants who cannot otherwise attend live.
REGULAR COST $950.00 USD
REDUCED COST $800.00 USD
REGISTER NOW AND SAVE $150.00 if you register by April 12th
Group discounts are available for groups of 5 participants or more.
- Purpose and Intentions
- Key Mindfulness Interventions
- Key Adolescent Specific Interventions
- Focused Session Learning Objectives
• Class 1 About the Stressed Teens Program: An Introduction and an Orientation to the Online Platform and Other Registrants
• Class 2 Examining and Defining the Foundations of Stress and a Beginning to Mindfulness
• Class 3 Effects of Stress on the Mind and Body and the Foundations of Mindfulness-Beginning a Personal Practice
• Class 4 Mindfulness Practices and Learning to be Aware of the Present Moment
• Class 5 Cultivating Self-Care and Awareness of the Positive
• Class 6 Being with Thoughts and an Awareness of the Negative
• Class 7 Mindful Strategies for Improving Attention and Positive Skills for Daily Living
• Class 8 Cultivating Mindful Resilience and Building Mindful Relationships
• Class 9 Mindfulness as a Part of Daily Living
• Class 10 Group Closure: A Review and Setting Future Intentions
Who Should Participate
The Stressed Teens online certificate program is offered to participants that have a strong interest and/or background or both in any or all of the following areas: the practice and teaching of mindfulness, personal and professional development, health and well-being, emotional development, and community building.
Certificate Completion Requirements
In order to adequately prepare to be a Stressed Teens Facilitator and Instructor, participants are required to do two things:
1. Attend or view all 10 classes
2. Complete all home assignments and at-home practices provided
Scope of Certification
The successful completion of 1 and 2 listed above certifies the completing participant to facilitate the full Stressed Teens program as it is to their own clients, attendees, students, and external organizations. Certified Stressed Teen Facilitators are are not able to directly train or certify others without the expressed written permission of Stressed Teens. Successful completion of this certification training does not consider graduates as employees of Stressed teens and does not guarantee working as a facilitator for Stressed Teens.
CEUs Continuing Education Units
Gina M. Biegel, MA, LMFT provider #PCE4940, is accredited by the Board of Behavioral Science. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are earned as follows: 1 hour of training is equivalent to 1 CEU.