Sign up today for a discounted price on this course!
10-Session Stressed Teens Training Institute Certificate Program – Spring 2015
AN IN-DEPTH TRAINING OF THE MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION FOR TEENS PROGRAM
WITH GINA M. BIEGEL, MA, LMFT
Stressed Teens is Celebrating its 11th year with Brand New and updated content to reflect up to date program content and interventions. This course now provides an additional 15 hours of content.
In addition to this brand new material we are also featuring several guest lecturers during the course this year!
30 TOTAL HOURS OF ONLINE TRAINING!
15 hours: 1.5 hours/week of LIVE virtual in-classroom time
15 Hours: 1.5 hours/week of course education to be viewed on your own time.
STRESSED TEENS TRAINING INSTITUTE (STTI) COURSE DETAILS
Stressed Teens Training Institute (STTI) Spring Schedule 2015
March 31st 2015- June 9th 2015
30 Hours of Online Class Instruction
Each week you will experience 3 hours of training
-1.5 hours of interactive 2-way voice and video supervision with the creator of Stressed Teens, Gina Biegel MA, LMFT. You will have the opportunity to listen, learn, and practice the interventions in this program.
1.5 hours of pre-recorded educational content that reflects the topics below.
It will share weekly:
Purpose and Intentions
Key Mindfulness Interventions
Key Adolescent Specific Interventions
Focused Session Learning Objectives
Please review the weekly topics below. The program summary was recently published by Elsevier entitled, Mindfulness-Based Treatment Approaches (2014) and supported as an Evidenced-Based Treatment Intervention (Insert NIDAA, JCCP, Etc.). (fix this)
- STTI 1 About the Stressed Teens Program: An Introduction and an Orientation to the Online Platform and Other Registrants
- STTI 2 Examining and Defining the Foundations of Stress and a Beginning to Mindfulness
- STTI 3 Effects of Stress on the Mind and Body and the Foundations of Mindfulness-Beginning a Personal Practice
- STTI 4 Mindfulness Practices and Learning to be Aware of the Present Moment
- STTI 5 Cultivating Self-Care and Awareness of the Positive
- STTI 6 Being with Thoughts and an Awareness of the Negative
- STTI 7 Mindful Strategies for Improving Attention and Positive Skills for Daily Living
- STTI 8 Cultivating Mindful Resilience and Building Mindful Relationships
- STTI 9 Mindfulness as a Part of Daily Living
- STTI 10 Group Closure: A Review and Setting Future Intentions
Certificate Completion Requirements and Expectations
The Stressed Teens Training Institute is offered to participants that have a strong interest and/or background or both in any or all of the following areas: the practice and teaching of mindfulness, personal and professional development, health and well-being, emotional development, and community building. In order to adequately prepare to be a Stressed Teens Facilitator and Instructor, participants are required to do two things:
1. Attend or view all 10 classes
2. Complete all home assignments and at-home practices provided
Scope of Certification
The successful completion of 1 and 2 listed above certifies the completing participant to facilitate the full Stressed Teens program as it is to their own clients, attendees, students, and external organizations. Certified Stressed Teen Facilitators are are not able to directly train or certify others without the expressed written permission of Stressed Teens. Successful completion of this certification training does not consider graduates as employees of Stressed teens and does not guarantee working as a facilitator for Stressed Teens.