Sign up today for the 15-hour online course!
6-Week Mindfulness for Student Athletes Online Program for Coaches, Parents, and Professionals
A Training in the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens Program Adapted for Student Athletes
with Todd Corbin, CPC
October 11th – November 15th, 2018 –thursdays
4:30PM to 6:00PM PT
Note: Guest Instructor Gina Biegel, Founder of Stressed Teens will be at the first class!
Created from the ground up to focus on the needs of today’s student/teen athletes and based on the solid foundation of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens program (MBSR-T) and the Mindfulness for Student Athletes Workbook.
Tailored for coaches, parents, and professionals who work with or raise student athletes, the exercises/activities/interventions in this course provide a research-based set of skills to help the young men and women in your charge:
• enhance performance
• manage and reduce stress
• boost confidence and mental toughness
• improve focus and concentration
• decrease anxiety and worry
• increase sport satisfaction and overall well-being
Who Can Benefit from Participating in this Course
This Mindful Student Athlete program is offered for sports coaches, private coaches, trainers, athletic directors, administrators, parents or grandparents of student athletes, sports referees and officials, and the many professionals in the helping profession who work with student athletes.
online COURSE DETAILS
15 HOURS OF ONLINE learning!
October 11th -- November 15th, 2018
6 Weekly Sessions, 1.5 hours of LIVE interaction per week
Includes an additional 1.0 hour per week of complementary recorded content.
Each week you will receive 2.5 hours of online training!
What You Can Expect
- 9 hours of live 2-way voice and video interaction with Todd Corbin, CPC, The Mindful Student Athlete course creator. Todd is also the co-author with Gina Biegel (Creator of Stressed Teens and MBSR-T) of The Mindful Student Athlete: A Workbook to Help Teens Reduce Stress and Enhance Performance.
- 6 hours of value added pre-recorded educational content to be viewed on your own that reflect and expand the mindful student athlete session topics below.
- You will have the opportunity to listen, learn, interact, and practice the exercises and interventions with your peers in this program.
- You will gain valuable insights to reduce the stress and worries that you face that come from coaching, parenting, or working with youth athletes.
- Complimentary Supplemental Coach/Instructor Resource in digital format.
- Session Guides for formal/informal practices to use with your student athletes.
- Research, Journal Articles, and Publications on Mindfulness in Sports at all levels.
- Free access to all course PowerPoints and recorded content.
- Mindful stress relief audio practices to share with your teams and co-coaches.
- Recordings of the live weekly 90-minute sessions to view and review, especially to accommodate participants who cannot otherwise attend the live portion.
- Course is designed to offer a great deal of flexibility—use with a single athlete or a group; during the off- season or with your team during the season.
- Access to interviews with many current leaders in stress relief and mindfulness.
- Surprise guest speakers during some of the live sessions.
- Course Certificate at the end of the training
You can attend a future 6-Session series at half the price.
Total Value with Bonuses: $2,000+
Course Price: $399.00 USD
REDUCED COST $299.00 USD
REGISTER NOW AND SAVE $100.00
Special Discount until September 20th, 2018
Use case sensitive coupon code ATHLETEFRIEND to Register Now.
Group discounts are available for groups of 3 participants or more.
Read and learn some tips: New School Year: Clean Your Mental Locker and Get in the Zone. Click on the image to the left for a free download.
Listen to a Complimentary Audio Below:
Read what recent professionals and coaches have to say about the MBSR-T SA Program....
- "Anyone looking to help a student-athlete handle the pressure of competition in a mindful and conscious way this is the class. Todd is passionate about the subject matter, flexible and quick with responses to any questions. Thanks Todd!!" -Carmen M.
- "Todd's information was immensely helpful in designing easy-to-understand sessions that are relevant to the athletes' age and goals. I used Todd's information in conjunction with interactive games, which the athletes loved and were able to relate well with. The recorded sessions were easy to follow and fit better with my schedule. I would HIGHLY recommend Todd Corbin's course to anyone working with athletes or interested in mindfulness." -Amy W.
- "I really enjoyed your course and got a lot out of it. What immediately comes to mind are the usable tools that you gave me. Although these tools were presented for student athletes they are relevant and appropriate for everyone. ... I'm going to incorporate these into my sessions with all of my students and address performance with my students who will be playing football in the fall. Todd, thank you. I'm excited to practice and implement my new tools." -Rick K.
About Your Instructor Todd Corbin, CPC
As a former multi-sport student athlete and youth baseball coach, long-time avid runner and sports enthusiast, mindfulness teacher, certified parenting coach, and parent to two teen athletes, Todd Corbin really understands the needs and demanding life of today’s student athletes, sports coaches, and parents.
Todd is co-author of the book Mindfulness For Student Athletes: A Workbook to Help Teens Reduce Stress and Enhance Performance with New Harbinger Publications.
Mistakenly labeled learning disabled in grade school left Todd with very low self-esteem & many social and emotional scars. As a result, Todd turned his attention to helping others, especially student athletes, parents, and coaches, on ways to use mindful awareness to enhance performance, build self-confidence and resilience, and overcome stress and anxiety.
He was an instructor at Lakeland Community College in Ohio, for twelve years teaching courses in stress management, peak performance, communication skills, mindfulness, and meditation.
Todd’s overall knowledge of mindfulness, stress management, and meditation is wide-ranging. He has been practicing and teaching mindfulness since 1994, integrating the most current research in neuroscience and optimal performance. He received formal training in mindfulness from many of the leading experts and programs in the field.
Todd also received personal training directly from best-selling authors Deepak Chopra and Neale Donald Walsch leading to the creation of a mindfulness-based stress relief curriculum for children/teens taught for three years at the Chopra Center for Well-Being in Carlsbad, CA.