Sign up today for the 30-hour online certificate course!
10-Week Stressed Teens Certificate Program
AN IN-DEPTH TRAINING OF THE MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION FOR TEENS PROGRAM (MBSR-T)
WITH GINA M. BIEGEL, MA, LMFT
Stressed Teens is Celebrating its 13th year with Brand New and Updated Content. This reflects current program content and interventions based on research and a grant developed especially for Stanford University (Biegel G.M., Chang K., Garrett A., Edwards M. 2014).
SOME OF THE NEW COURSE CHANGES:
- CEU Expansion Stressed Teens has now partnered with PESI and is now able to provide Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to Counselors, Addiction Counselors, Psychologists, Nurses, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Other Professionals.
- Second Edition Stress Reduction Workbook This course will be the first one to share all new activities from the 2nd Edition Stress Reduction Workbook for Teens: Mindfulness Skills to Help You Deal With Stress (2017).
- 6 and 8-Week MBSR-T Implementations This course will be offering a 6-week implementation not only the traditional 8-week program.
- Be Mindful Card Deck You will learn how to use resources from the newly published Be Mindful: A Card Deck for Teens (2016).
- 10 New Audio Resources Transcripts and Audios of over 10 new mindfulness practices from 2016 and 2017 will be provided.
Continuing education unit (CEU)
STRESSED TEENS online CERTIFICATE COURSE DETAILS
30 HOURS OF ONLINE learning!
15 Hours: 1.5 hours/10weeks of LIVE in-class time with instructor
3 Hours: 1.5 hours/twice of LIVE experiential group practices with instructor in both dyad and in a large group
12 Hours: 1.5 hours/8weeks of didactic course content to be viewed on your own time
May 2nd, 2017- July 25th, 2017
10 Weekly Sessions, 3 hours per week
Each week you will receive 3 hours of online training!
- 15 hours of interactive 2-way voice and video interaction with the creator of Stressed Teens, Gina Biegel MA, LMFT. You will have the opportunity to listen, learn, and practice the interventions in this program.
- 3 hours of experiential group practice to work on honing your skills to teach the mindfulness-based practices with teens. This is done in large and small group work with the instructor.
- 12 hours of pre-recorded educational content that reflects the topics below.
- CEUs. Up to 30 hours of Continuing Education Units are available and will be administered by PESI for an additional charge. Please visit this page to learn more about the CE Credits.
- Complimentary Digital 8-Week MBSR-T Teacher Guides
- Complimentary Book, Audio CD, and Supplemental Materials in digital format.
- Recordings are available to view weekly to accommodate participants who cannot otherwise attend live.
- Course Certificate provided at the end of the training
REGULAR COST $950.00 USD
REDUCED COST $600.00 USD
REGISTER NOW AND SAVE $350.00
Group discounts are available for groups of 5 participants or more.
- Purpose and Intentions
- Key Mindfulness Interventions
- Key Adolescent Specific Interventions
- Focused Session Learning Objectives
• Class 1 About the Stressed Teens Program: An Introduction and an Orientation to the Online Platform and Other Registrants
• Class 2 The Research, History and Foundations of the MBSR-T program
• Class 3 Examining and Defining the Foundations of Stress and a Beginning to Mindfulness
• Class 4 Effects of Stress on the Mind and Body and the Foundations of Mindfulness-Beginning a Personal Practice
• Class 5 Mindfulness Practices and Learning to be Aware of the Present Moment
• Class 6 Cultivating Self-Care and Awareness of the Positive
• Class 7 Being with Thoughts and an Awareness of the Negative
• Class 8 Mindful Strategies for Improving Attention and Positive Skills for Daily Living
• Class 9 Cultivating Mindful Resilience and Building Mindful Relationships
• Class 10 Mindfulness as a Part of Daily Living: A Review and Setting Future Intentions
Who Should Participate
The Stressed Teens online certificate program is offered to participants that have a strong interest and/or background or both in any or all of the following areas: the practice and teaching of mindfulness, personal and professional development, health and well-being, emotional development, and community building.
Certificate Completion Requirements
In order to adequately prepare to be a Stressed Teens Facilitator and Instructor, participants are required to do two things:
1. Attend or view all classes
2. Complete all home assignments and at-home practices provided
Scope of Certification
The successful completion of 1 and 2 listed above certifies the completing participant to facilitate the full Stressed Teens program as it is to their own clients, attendees, students, and external organizations. Certified Stressed Teen Facilitators are are not able to directly train or certify others without the expressed written permission of Stressed Teens. Successful completion of this certification training does not consider graduates as employees of Stressed teens and does not guarantee working as a facilitator for Stressed Teens.
CEUs Continuing Education Units
CEUs. Up to 30 hours of Continuing Education Units are available and will be administered by PESI for an additional charge. Please visit this page to learn more about the CE Credits.